Friday, April 3, 2020

Stevia

Years ago my sister gave me a book called "Growing and Using Stevia ". Not sure why I held on to it but I am glad I did.  Before we were told we have to stay home except for essentials I ran out to the local greenhouse and low and behold they had Stevia plants! I picked up two and came home, grabbed my book and started reading. 

Reading the book I have learned how to start stevia from seeds, cuttings and transplants, how to grow them outdoors in the garden or in containers, how to harvest the leaves to make green stevia powder or liquid stevia extract and several recipes to use it in.

Now I am excited to watch them grow and take advantage of both plants to try new things including trying to start my own plants.

Does your local greenhouse carry the plants?

No comments:

Post a Comment