Friday, January 27, 2012

Forks Over Knives

Have you ever heard this mentioned as a book or movie? Have you watched the movie? If not I recommend that everyone watches this eye opening film.

Over the past few weeks I have been reading and researching healthy eating and came across this particular movie in Netflix. I put it in my queue to watch at a later date and didn't think much more about it.

When I walk on the treadmill I like to watch a movie, read a book, etc on my iPad. A few days ago as I was preparing for my walk, which is usually 30-35 minutes, I decided to watch this. Over the next 3 days I watched this in amazement. In between I would research and read more about what was discussed in it until I came to the decision that I want to change our way of eating to eventually become a family who eats a whole food plant based diet on most days if not everyday.

I will not throw myself or my family straight into this and I may not even bring them in at all right away until I can make it a habit for myself. My plan is to start slowly by removing dairy products and to incorporate this way of eating at breakfast. Once I accomplish this, I want to move on to changing lunch, then snacks and then eventually dinners. Wish me luck and I will try and keep you updated along my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment