Monday, January 23, 2012

My personal challenge to give up paper napkins in 2011

A few years back I purchased six blue cloth napkins from our dollar store and six more from Kmart on clearance with all intentions of using them everyday. However, these were put in a drawer and only brought out occasionally. Then I hit the jackpot with someone offering a bunch of restaurant ones on free cycle. Once again I decided I was going to use these on a daily basis and failed. Well I didn't give up and  now it's been a year since I've purchased paper napkins and strictly use the cloth ones. No more running out of napkins and no more extra trash in the landfill. 

I know there are people out there who will argue that you are wasting more water, using more detergent, using more electricity etc...by having to wash them but I can honestly say there has been no difference in any of these things.  No need to do a load of just napkins just toss them in with your towels and washcloths and you're done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment