Monday, January 30, 2012

Foster Parents

Okay everyone I know this is a little off compared to what I usually write but because of recent happenings in my life I just had to share my opinion.

I have been taking care of my daughters god daughter since the 1st of September. She has lived with us and been treated as if she were my own. The plan was for her to live with us til this September so mom could get on her feet and get a place of their own etc... Yesterday that all changed when she came to retrieve her daughter so they could move out of state with the promise of visiting in the summer. As we had no court ordered papers just ones we had signed and notarized the parental rights superseded them. So now my home and family is minus one family member and we are all heartbroken even though we knew this time would eventually come.

So to all the foster parents and families, I offer my prayers to you and commend you on a job well done. I don't know how you do it! Keep up the good work and may God bless each and every one of you. You all are very special people!

To all those considering becoming Foster Parents, make sure not only your heart can take it but the other family members as well. Raising a child as your own and then losing them is not an easy task to handle.

To all the children in foster care, may God bless each one of you with a loving family!

No comments:

Post a Comment