Friday, February 10, 2012

2012-Personal Challenge #4- Green my Toilet Paper

Well I have been wanting to start this but had to wait until my current stock of toilet paper has been depleted.

Well yesterday I ran into Giant to purchase my Sun and Earth laundry detergent as this is the only place local that sells it, and wouldn't you know they had Marcal Small Steps toilet paper on sale $4.99 for a 12 pack. It was on my list to get and was actually a few cents cheaper than what I pay for our normal toiletpaper so I grabbed a few.

So I am slowly replacing paper products in our home with reusable items or greener options. I think the only paper product left to replace are the Kleenex. Which I see Marcal makes those also.

Not familiar with Marcal products? This is their story, which can also be found at
Marcalsmallsteps.com

Based in Elmwood Park, New Jersey, we at Marcal Manufacturing have prided ourselves as being one of the oldest environmentally friendly paper companies in the US. For 60 years Marcal® has been making paper products using recycled paper.
In 2009, Marcal Manufacturing, LLC, introduced the Marcal® Small Steps® line of 100% recycled bath tissue, towels, napkins and facial tissue for both home consumption and to distributors for commercial use. These products deliver strong performance without the typical “green premium” cost. The name Small Steps® signifies the small and easy steps toward making a difference in the world that you can make by using these recycled paper products.
For over five decades, Marcal has reducing landfill by making our paper products from recycled paper. We use paper collected from curbs in residential neighborhoods in cities and towns across America–from the small blue baskets in office buildings, unwanted junk mail, and waste from printers–all in an effort to do something good, to produce something that people need.
Marcal is an integral part of the northern New Jersey community. Our company uses recyclables from local municipalities and recycling facilities for our paper recycling process.

No comments:

Post a Comment