Thursday, February 9, 2012

Homemade Crispy Chicken Strips

My new favorite way to make chicken strips

1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 cup mashed potato flakes
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 eggs
Garlic powder to taste
Paprika to taste
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste

Directions

Cut chicken into 1-in. strips. In a shallow bowl, combine the potato flakes, seasonings and bread crumbs. Dip chicken in egg, then in potato mixture. Fry in oil. I used a deep fryer but you could use a skillet. Make sure you drain the grease from them after cooking.

2 comments:

  1. I really need to start doing this instead of buying chicken nuggets for the kids! So much healthier. I bet you could do it in the oven, too, although it wouldn't be as crispy. If you're interested, I have a Share & Share hop going on right now where you can link up to 4 of your posts that you'd like a little extra love on! Have a great Thursday, Vicki!

    http://www.heartfeltbalancehandmadelife.com/search/label/Share%20and%20Share%20hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Michelle. After researching fast food chicken nuggets and some of the store bought ones I decided to figure out a good recipe to make at home without all the extra additives, preservatives and such. Yes the oven would work also. I will check out your hop, thanks for the invite.

      Delete