Thursday, March 26, 2020

Ants, Ants and More Ants

I think we can all agree that ants are horrible little critters that like to invade our houses every year despite our best efforts in keeping them out!

I learned years ago that ants DO NOT like lemon. One day I even sprayed lemon Pledge on my counters before going to bed because I didn't have anything else and believe it or not it worked!  Then I went to using any lemon type cleaner. Well then I found out that cucumbers are toxic to ants and that they cannot stand the smell of peppermint or vinegar!

Ant Spray

Peels from 1 cucumber
1 cup warm filtered water
15 drops peppermint essential oil
1/4 cup vinegar

Put cucumber peels on baking sheet and bake on 400 for 5-10 minutes being careful not to burn them but make sure they are dry like a potato chip.  Let Cool and then process in a blender or food processor until they are in powder form.

Pour the water, peppermint oil and vinegar in a spray bottle, using a funnel add the powder. Shake until it dissolves. Spray where you want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment