Wednesday, March 25, 2020

What have you learned from this experience?

I can't help but think about things I should have done or things I should have purchased to be prepared for something like this. People always talk about being prepared for weather related emergencies but not something like this. AND who would have thought that people would resort to panic buying leaving hardly anything for others.

Have you learned anything from what we are going through right now? I can say I have! There are some things I buy in bulk but from now on I will make sure that when I buy something, I will buy in pairs. Need ketchup? Buy 2! When you need it again take the 2nd one you bought and go buy another. Try and keep 1 of the item to use and another for backup.  This will ensure you that you will always have at least 1 of what you use.

Don't buy or hoard what you don't use. Don't stock pile and let things go to waste or expire.  Only buy what you use, or what you will use and rotate what you buy so you aren't wasting stuff.  Don't eat canned meat, then don't buy it! I was guilty of this :( I would always keep canned spam, chicken etc and then end up throwing it away when it expired or giving it away. What is the purpose of that! Lesson learned!

We pulled out a tote I have with games and stuff in it to keep us occupied. Well don't you know I only had 1 puzzle, several games and no playing cards! Thankfully I do keep coloring books, word searches and the like to help pass time.  But again this says to me that I should probably get a few more puzzles, and maybe add some different things to the box. 

Now is the perfect time to read that book you've been wanting to read, plan a garden, clean out that closet that has been driving you crazy, learn something new, or try something new.  Look at this time as an opportunity to increase your knowledge or share your knowledge with others. 

What are you doing with your new found free time or How are you keeping the children busy?

No comments:

Post a Comment