Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Simply White Bread

This is a picture of the bread and the original recipe follows it. However, I did not follow the recipe exactly so see my notes.  Also, the next time I make this I will be experimenting with a few of the ingredients to try and make it healthier.

The family loves the way the bread tastes and smells. I do too but my favorite is how easy it cuts with no crumbles. This is going to make a great bread for sandwiches!

Simply White Bread II



1 cup water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons honey 
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups bread flour
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
DIRECTIONS:
Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select cycle; press Start.

Original post from - 


*NOTES
I used organic honey, just a pinch of sea salt and 1 1/2 tsp yeast from bulk pkg. I put everything in bread machine and used the dough cycle. I took dough out and placed in a loaf pan sprayed with butter flavored cooking spray and baked on 350 for 20 minutes. It was a little bit doughy in the very center so next time will go an extra 5 or 7 minutes.

Next batch I will skip the honey and use Splenda and skip the salt all together and cook a bit longer and see how that does. If that works with no problems then I intend on trying to reduce the oil to only 1 tablespoon. Stay tuned for updates with pictures and comments.

*UPDATE
Tonight when making bread I skipped the salt and honey. I added 2 Tbsp Splenda and cooked for 30 minutes. The bread is perfect!




No comments:

Post a Comment