Monday, August 15, 2011

Crock of Roast and Veggie

This recipe is courtesy of the late Joanna Lund in her cookbook Family and Friends.

3 cups peeled and sliced raw potatoes, rinsed and drained ( I didn't measure, just filled bottom on crock pot)
2 cups sliced carrots ( I used a whole sm bag of mini peeled carrots)
1 cup chopped onion (I sliced a vidalia onion and laid them in rings on top of vegs)
1 (2lb) lean beef rump roast ( I used a 3lb top round roast)
1/3 cup water (I used 1/2 cup water)
1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning (I used 2 tablespoon)
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

Spray a slow cooker with butter flavored cooking spray. In prepared container, layer potatoes, carrots and onion. Place roast on top. In small bowl combine water, Italian seasoning and water. Pour mixture evenly over roast. Cover and cook on low 9-10 hours. Removed roast and cut into 6 pieces. Mix veg mixture well. For each serving place 1 cup vegs on plate and arrange meat over top and drizzle with liquid.

*NOTES
My roast was tender and falling apart by 8 hours. We just used a fork and pulled some off, added our vegs and sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment