Monday, August 15, 2011

Go green drying your clothes

Line dry -- like grandma used to do.
Dry your clothes on a laundry line rather than throwing them in the dryer. Clothes dyers are the third-largest energy users in the home, behind the refrigerator and washing machine, costing more than $100 a year to operate, according to Project Laundry List.


Drying your clothes on the line can save you as much as $10 a month, said Brad Stroh, co-founder of Bills.com. Laundry lines vary in cost, from about $5 for a simple rope line to $500 or more for deluxe models.

4 comments:

  1. Found you through the BLOG HOP!
    Toni The Chic Momma
    tonithechicmomma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good reminder! I hang dry most of clothes in my laundry room, but why not line dry outside too! I'm your newest google friend follower - found you from the blog hop! :) amy at www.momomma.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only wish I could!! I can't have an outside line where I live!

    Hop'in by from 'Boost My Blog Friday Blog Hop'. I'm following your blog now, wont you please come and follow me back?? ~KM

    Krafty Max Originals

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim, Amy and KM. Thanks for stopping by and following me. I will return the favor shortly. I look forward to getting to know you each better through your blogs. Have a wonderful week!

    Amy - I hand mine outside and then I have 2 drying racks I use inside also. I am hoping to install a retractable line in the basement where the woodstove is to use during the winter months.

    KM- You can always hang them inside. I know its not quite the same but it does work.

    ReplyDelete